When you type in 'Nebeus' online, you of course get their official site. However, there was a lot of confusing information about both what Nebeus is and does from a number of different sources. It left me wondering, "is Nebeus legit?" and I'm sure others have felt the same way.
So, this post is an attempt to summarise all this information to show that despite different information in different places, Nebeus is actually a legitimate platform.
Who is Nebeus?
In a few words: they are a Crypto-backed Loans Platform. That means they help people borrow money using their crypto assets as collateral.
In a few more words: they are working to form a link between fiat and crypto that makes the world of Cryptocurrency less volatile, less confusing, and more easily accessible.
Nebeus is the joint creation of two odd-sounding companies, Money-4 Limited and Rintral Trading SL. It turns out they have an international outlook from the start, as they're based in both London and Spain.
It seems they're incredibly ambitious as their COO, Michael Stroev, was quoted as saying, "We aim to become the Revolut of Crypto".
But, What Makes Nebeus Loans Special?
Honestly, the platform holds a lot more than meets the eye. They're not just a Crypto-backed Loans Platform - their Nebeus Crypto wallet offers borrowing, exchanging, sending, receiving, renting, and earning, making them an all-in-one fintech ecosystem more than anything else.
Its founder, Sergey Romanovskiy, had been involved in the Bitcoin community for four years before establishing Nebeus. He clearly saw a space for the company to flourish beyond just one niche.
A Quick Guide to the Platform
Before we dive into the Big Question of this article, I'll give a quick summary of how depositing, exchanging, borrowing, and renting works on their platform.
How do I Deposit with Nebeus?
There are a lot of options to choose from:
- You can instantly deposit money from your Visa or MasterCard at a rate of 3.5% per transaction.
- You can put cash into a machine near you to add or send money for a fee of 6.50%.
- They also accept free SEPA deposits with no max deposit limit.
- Plus, they offer free Direct Bank Transfers – another great option that shows they are trying to accommodate as many people as possible.
How do I Exchange Nebeus Crypto?
It is pretty simple. You only have to open an account, verify it, deposit your funds, and you're ready to start exchanging.
You can easily add fiat currency (such as Euros) and then exchange it to crypto (such as Bitcoin or Ethereum) within your account. You can also use Nebeus to exchange crypto for Euros, US Dollars, or British Pounds. The conversion into crypto and deposit into your wallet happens within one business day.
Also, Nebeus has added two stablecoin options: Tether (USDT) and USD Coin, that can be used on most of their services.
How do I Borrow?
They like to keep things straightforward. With two choices of two types of Nebeus loans, the world of Cryptocurrency feels less overwhelming when using Nebeus' crypto platform.
- Quick Loans - are instant, pre-approved loans offered directly from their treasury. The Nebeus fees are = 50% Loan-To-Value and 0% interest for three months
- Flexible Loans - are super customizable, where you can select your terms and borrow up to 80% of your crypto value. With Zero Risk, you can borrow up to 250,000 in fiat currency or stablecoins for as long as 36 months.
How do I Rent Crypto?
They made this super simple too. You only have to open an account, choose a renting program, and then you get paid every 24 hours.
The Big Question: Is Nebeus Legit?
The big answer: yes!
Having insurance up to $100M by Lloyds of London pretty much guarantees that.
Plus, Nebeus complies with all AML (Anti-money laundering) regulations, and they are registered with the Bank of Spain.
Nebeus Crypto Wallets are Super Secure
Nebeus Vaults are a secure storage place for your crypto, with 98% of ALL client coins stored in cold offline wallets. That means they are disconnected from the internet, making it nearly as safe from cyber attacks as its competitor Gemini, which is known as the safest platform out at the moment.
They've also enabled two-factor authentication (2FA), which involves a password and a unique code randomly generated by an authentication app. This extra security level ensures that even if your password is stolen, your account cannot be accessed without that person having your mobile device.
Investors Already Trust Them to Deliver Results
It appears that they've already gone through 5 funding rounds, with the total reaching $6.3M already. There's definitely a massive amount of interest and potential floating around Nebeus, especially if you look at their most recent round of funding on seedrs, where they smashed their £400,000 target by 215%!
They're Growing Each Day!
In 2020, Nebeus had more than 60,000 users. I tried to find more up-to-date information on the number of users but couldn't find a solid number.
However, I did a deep dive on Crunchbase. I found that their website is bringing in almost 10,000 unique visitors a month, which has been steadily growing month-by-month, with an increase of 67.62% (January 2022 compared to February 2022).
What Makes Nebeus the Best Overall Crypto-Backed Loans Platform?
Nebeus is the best overall crypto-backed loans platform because it offers a wide range of essential features for any such platform. These features include a robust lending engine, easy access to funding, and a user-friendly interface.
Additionally, Nebeus has a strong team of experts dedicated to making the platform the best it can be. Finally, Nebeus offers a high degree of security and transparency, making it a preferred choice for borrowers and lenders alike.
Their main features include:
- You can deposit and withdraw cash at physical locations. There are more than 230,000 retail locations and post offices where you can do this.
- They have a global focus and can transfer money to over 150 countries worldwide. Their website comes in English, Spanish, and German, making it highly accessible.
- You can add money to your phone using your credit card on more than 500 mobile phone operators around the world.
- You can add funds to your account by using a Visa or Mastercard. Your funds are then instantly credited to your account, making them even faster than Hodlnaut.
- They have recently launched an app alongside their desktop platform, putting them ahead of Crypto.com, which are only app-based.
- One of the biggest draws to me was that they also have features that will help people keep track of their crypto assets' value and warn them if the value changes too much
What Could Nebeus Do Better?
- It may take time, but having a Nebeus community will go a long way to drawing more people to the platform. Currently, the educational blog posts and easy-to-navigate user interface make learning not just about the company but about crypto itself the main 'pull' to new users. They will benefit once they find a loyal community that engages heavily with one another. Given the speed they are growing, this will likely happen sooner rather than later.
- Their user interface looks good. With inviting branding and simplified graphics, it seems like a comforting place to be. But, their current site has a few 404'd redirects, and those helpful question mark graphics don't seem to provide any more information!
- As another reviewer noticed, their English language version of the website needs a few updates to make the question 'is Nebeus legit' not one that pops up in users' minds
The Future of Nebeus
Nebeus is clearly following in the footsteps of their biggest competitor, Nexo. That's nothing to turn your nose up at, though. We've all seen how Ethereum is making strides towards the cryptocurrency giant that is Bitcoin, and who's to say Nebeus isn't the equivalent in the crypto-backed loans space?
For example, much like the Nexo Card, they have recently partnered with Railsbank, and soon people will be able to use their Nebeus Mastercard to make purchases.
Plus, compared to Nexo's 100,000 followers on social media, Nebeus have some catching up to do. But this is slowly changing. Their Twitter account has been growing steadily throughout 2021, most likely due to their down-to-earth way of communicating complex topics.
There was nothing that made me doubt that Nebeus is legit.
Sure, there was a lot of information from different sources that didn't seem to match up, but once you dig around a little bit and explore their website (like I did in this post!), you come away convinced that Nebeus is a great platform that is going from strength-to-strength each day.
The views, opinions and positions expressed in this article are those of the author alone and do not necessarily represent those of https://www.cryptowisser.com/ or any company or individual affiliated with https://www.cryptowisser.com/. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or validity of any statements made within this article. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The copyright of this content belongs to the author. Any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights also remains with them.
Peterson Jean Baptiste1 week ago
I really love NEBEUS, THIS IS ONE ONE OF THE BEST WALLET WITH A GRAN FUTURE IN EUROPE ZONE, I am living in argentina and i use it every for saving my money in Germany in EURO.